About the Department
The Department of Biochemistry has a vision to perform scientific research at the highest international levels, integrating cutting-edge multidisciplinary approaches to solving significant problems in biology and medicine; and to develop internationally competitive professionals with excellent leadership, communication and teamwork skills who can contribute to an exceptional talent pool in Hong Kong, China and internationally.
The Department seeks fundamental insights into the ways living systems function at the molecular level, and use multidisciplinary approaches to apply these insights in a biomedical context. As part of the Medical Faculty of The University of Hong Kong, the Department has excellent opportunities to collaborate with medical colleagues to carry research discoveries in biochemistry right through to improve human health.
News and Events
- Jun 14, 2014: Hong Kong InterUniversity Biochemistry Postgraduate Symposium 2014 to be held at The Hong Kong Jockey Club Building for Interdisciplinary Research.
Deadline for abstract submission: 20 May 2014
- Mar 10, 2014: Congratulations to Dr. Junwen Wang for being promoted to Associate Professor
- Feb 24, 2014: Congratulations to Professor Kathryn Cheah for being appointed as Jimmy and Emily Tang Professor in Molecular Genetics
- Jan 7, 2014: Congratulations to Dr. Danny Chan for being promoted to Professor and congratulations to Dr. Julian Tanner for being promoted to Associate Professor
- BIOC3614 Final year project
- HKU-UofT Joint PhD programme: call for application
- Undergraduate Student Internships for BSc Major in Biochemistry (HKU only)
- Apply for Student Helper Program (HKU only)
- Postgraduate Positions in AoE
- Seminar Schedule