About the Department
The Department of Biochemistry has a vision to perform scientific research at the highest international levels, integrating cutting-edge multidisciplinary approaches to solving significant problems in biology and medicine; and to develop internationally competitive professionals with excellent leadership, communication and teamwork skills who can contribute to an exceptional talent pool in Hong Kong, China and internationally.
The Department seeks fundamental insights into the ways living systems function at the molecular level, and use multidisciplinary approaches to apply these insights in a biomedical context. As part of the Medical Faculty of The University of Hong Kong, the Department has excellent opportunities to collaborate with medical colleagues to carry research discoveries in biochemistry right through to improve human health.
News and Events
- May 28, 2015: Dr Chan, Chi Ping joined the Department as Research Assistant Professor.
- Apr 14, 2015: Congratulation to Prof. ZJ Zhou for being awarded the Croucher Senior Research Fellowship.
- Feb, 2015: Dr. Gao, Bo joined the Department as Assistant Professor.
- BIOC3614 Final year project
- HKU-UofT Joint PhD programme: call for application
- Undergraduate Student Internships for BSc Major in Biochemistry (HKU only)
- Apply for Student Helper Program (HKU only)
- Postgraduate Positions in AoE
- Seminar Schedule