Hong Kong Society of Developmental Biology Autumn Scientific Meeting
- September 9, 2006
- Mrs. Chen Yang Foo Oi Telemedicine Centre,
LKS Faculty of Medicine,
The University of Hong Kong.
Rm. A2-08, 2/F., William MW Mong Block,
21 Sassoon Road, Pokfulam, Hong Kong
- Ms Irene Poon
- 9:00 am
- 9:10 am
- Welcoming introduction by the President
Prof. Kathy Cheah, The University of Hong Kong
- 9:15 am
- "Increased Susceptibility to Retinoic Acid Teratogenicity in Diabetic Pregnancy"
Dr. Alisa Shum, The Chinese University of Hong Kong
- 9:45 am
- "Aberrant Hoxb5 signalling causes migration defect of NCCs and abnormal enteric nervous system development"
Dr. Vincent CH Lui, The University of Hong Kong
- 10:15 am
- "Genetic studies of the role of LIM-homeobox genes in cerebellum development"
Dr. Kin Ming Kwan, The Chinese University of Hong Kong
- 10:45 am
- Tea Break
- 11:00 am
- "Molecule that sustain males in species"
Miss Gus Chan, The Hong Kong University of Science & Technology
- 11:20 am
- "Role of Sox9 in the development of the mammalian inner ear"
Dr. Irene Szeto, The University of Hong Kong
- 11:50 am
- "Human embryonic stem cell-derived cardiomyocytes as a model to study human cardiogenesis"
Dr. Faye Tsang, The Chinese University of Hong Kong
- 12:20 am
- "Ifitm/fragilis and Importin13 activity for germ cell navigation and meiosis"
Prof. Patrick Tam, University of Sydney, Australia